College Girl Erica's

Thursday, September 6, 2007

What Ever Happened to the Good Brothers?

What Ever Happened to the Good Brothers?

He was used to girls using him for money, but I didn’t need a sugar daddy. I couldn’t see myself as a “hustler’s wife” anyway. Why is it that most of the boys my age either sell drugs and/or do drugs? I can understand that boys need money to survive. I mean who doesn’t? So go get some slacks that are not falling off your behind, a button-up, a resume, and fill out some applications for crying out loud. So what the employer don’t call you back. Call the employer back so he/she can realize how serious you are. I am a woman who holds her own. I know it’s not easy and working at Mickey D’s is not the dream job, but it damn sure is a start. I can honestly say my Mickey D’s job helped me to survive.

Look Out Because Fast Money is Not the Best Money!

It is sad to see so many black boys of my generation in jail or dead. That leaves me with no hope. So you are trying to tell me when I do graduate from college there won’t be anybody out there for me? Black brothers, do us ladies a favor. Don’t limit your self to a jail sell or six feet under. Believe it or not some of us need a man to support us mentally, emotionally, and spiritually. But, as they always say, “A good man is hard to find.”

- Erica Garner

1 comment:

Don said...

Get your hands out my pocket!!! LOL.