College Girl Erica's

Monday, September 24, 2007

A Tribute to Don Minus The Bars “Ten Things Women Do To Drive Men Away”

#1o Engaging in a power struggle???

I have found that it is normally the male, who thinks that a man is suppose to bring home more money, have more physical and emotional strength, and be sport-orientated as opposed to females who are illustrated to be poor (on welfare), emotional, and art- orientated. Woman struggle over power because they are feed up with being perceived as weaker or less than a person. These stereotypes and setbacks women had to overcome derived from men. We had to fight to vote, fight to go to school, fight to be in a play etc. So you are telling me we now have to fight with our inner self to be accepted by males? We have overcame many barriers, but such things like a woman makes $0.77 for each $1 a man makes in the same job position or how there has never been a woman president is just ridiculous! As long as inequality exist woman will always try to out do a man. You say that woman engaging in a power struggle runs a man way. Is it because woman can be so damn powerful that they are intimidating? So we are suppose to shrink to keep you man around???? I would rather stay single if I ever have to be less than the woman I am to keep an insure man around! No offence Guys! This is Real Talk!

3 comments:

Don said...

The man is supposed to wear the pants in the relationship. Hey, I didn't make this up - it was given to me. If you and I are in a relationship, and you make the majority of the money, then I am already going to feel a little insecure but if you continously never fail to remind me of this then I am going to feel pressured, and less than a man. Yeah, I know that would be on me but I'm only attempting to state a truth.

My honest line of thinking is how a woman should allow her man to be a man. Not saying she should be passive. Just be more understanding.

Listen, you don't really think women should exhibit more manhood than the man in a relationship, do you?

Erica said...

A man wears the pants that is bul ish. I bet an American man made that up! Well, if he wears the pants, I'm wearing the pants too even if I got a skirt on. I like the word equaility. If he bringing home money I bringing home the same amount. If he is bringing home the money I'm spending it on bills and if I'm bringing home money I'm spending it on shopping. (lol) sike naw, but I believe both parties should bring home equal amount of money. Don't you like it when your girl says, "Don't worry about it. It's on me." Especially after she ordered lobster and steak. So would you really like to be a man in that situation if you really didn't have it like that. I don't think a women should be more manly in a relationship, but equal. But in the case that it is a spider on the wall of course we want you to kill! (lol)

Don said...

What do you mean that's bull ish? A man DOES wear ther pants. A man is meant to be the provider and protector of a woman. You are OUR rib! If both the woman and the man are wearing pants, then who is the female in the relationship?

Also, love the spider on the wall playfulness.