College Girl Erica's

Sunday, September 2, 2007

What Are You Afraid OF?

What Are You Afraid OF?

GOD asked me, “What are you afraid of?”
And I said, “I’m afraid of dying
Because I’m going to miss my friends and family
I’m afraid of being lonely
Because there would be no one to love me,
No one to hug me.
I’m afraid of being disobedient
Because I don’t want you to send me downstairs,
To burn is what I fear in a H-E double L cell
I’m afraid of falling in love
Because I don’t want to get heartbroken
Plus I’m sensitive and I don’t want me shirt to get soaked.”

And you know what he said unto me?
HE said, “Girl, I got your back . . .
Don’t be afraid of death,
Your family and friends will find you just go forward and don’t look behind you
Don’t be afraid of being lonely,
I’ll find you a man that will love you, a man that will hug you.
Don’t be afraid of being disobedient,
I’m the way just follow me I paved the path that you will see.
Don’t be afraid of falling in love
I’ll find you that man, who will protect, a man who will respect you,
And that soaked shirt you’ll get that back too.”

I opened my eyes and I saw something shine
Now I know what they mean when they say GOD is good all the time.

1 comment: