College Girl Erica's

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Hoping That One Day He Will Be Mine

It is his text messages I wake up to and his voice that I go to sleep to.
It is how I cannot go a day without knowing how his day went.
It is the long conversations we share.
It is the late nights he stays up with me.
It is his personality, his humor, and his intellect that keeps me interested.
It is his swagger that makes him different from all the others.
It is how he encourages me to stay on top of my game.
It is how he read all my blogs just to show me that I have his undivided-attention.
It is how he helps make my best better and my better best.
It is how he holds my hand when I am scared.
It is how he always has the right answers when I question him.
It is the “what ifs” that keep me wondering.
What if . . .I could deliver him from his nerve wrecking girlfriend?
What if . . .I could be his morning sun and his night star?
What if . . . he could take a romantic walk down Penn’s Landing with me?
What if . . . we could share our jokes and laughter under the moonlight?
What if . . . I had my way like Chrisette Michele?
What if . . .I was Cinderella and he was the Prince?
Random “what ifs” that is always on my mind.
They constantly rewind time after time.
Hoping and hoping that one-day he will be mine.
-Erica Garner

2 comments:

Don said...

Damn good ish! I linked you. See now I'm going to have to really pull up a chair and see exactly what it is you are on, lol.

HEy, check out my poetry blog, and tell me what you think:
http://depthpoet.blogspot.com/

A Beautifulstruggle said...

ok, it's only when I read your blogs that I take a trip back down memory lane...to when I used to say "I don't chase them, I replace them", to when my creativity was all I had to do in life. Damn girl I envy all the time you have. I wish for just a second I could go back to those days when I could write for days and it only feel like hours. Keep it coming girl.