College Girl Erica's

Saturday, January 12, 2008

The Destiny of All My Hopes



The Destiny of All My Hopes


I'm the champion of my life and the conqueror of my dreams.
I'm the smiles of all my madness and the ice of all my steams.
I'm the sunshine of all my storms and the rain of all droughts.
I'm the sweets of all my bitterness and the spice of all my mildness.
I'm the flowers of the gardens and the ripest of all fruits.
I'm the sparks of all fires and the warmth of every cold human.
I'm the melody of all songs and the harmony of all lyrics.
I'm the joy of all children, yet the tears of all fears.
I'm Ali in his prime,
I'm Harriet Tubman in a new year,
The conductor of all railroads,
The captain of all ships,
The tallest statue of all,
The love of gods and goddess,
And the peace of all parts of the world,
But most of all,
I'm Erica Garner,
The destiny of my hopes,
The champion of my life,
And the conqueror of my dreams.

4 comments:

All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

thanks 4 the drive by i hope u do return, and that u are saving your poems for a book

Erica said...

Thanks, love.

D. McFadden said...

ur erica garner the only person you can be.....i like this

Erica said...

thanks, hon.