College Girl Erica's

Saturday, October 13, 2007

Words of Closure

Words of Closure


You were my man from the grip.
I fell in love with the kiss,
But you dropped me off
when I had that insecure fit.
But when you walked into my life,
Happiness appeared
And heartbreak . . . I feared.
Yet, you showed me
We should all face at least one fear each year.
I admit,
That was fair.

And with no regrets, I respect you for that
Yes, you changed a part of me
And for that,
You,
I could never neglect

Together we've loved
Apart we've grown
Now, time is bypassing
And it's time to move on
No longer do I hold on
No longer do I show despair
And never will I forget
The good times we've shared

2 comments:

Don said...

Solid poem. And bout time you let that no good dude go. LOL.

Erica said...

Thanks Don. Thanks for the encouragement.