College Girl Erica's

Monday, October 15, 2007

Damn these Bugaboos!






You make me want to throw my sprint out the window, tell my boss that I quit, cut up my bus pass so I can walk because you are a bugaboo . . . a bugaboo!


Okay, I know everybody have or have had at least one bugaboo - whether it was an ex-girlfriend or boyfriend, a co-worker, a colleague, a friend, or even a stranger. You know . . . the type that gets under your skin every time they open their mouth and makes you want to just flip the finger. Well, if not allow me to introduce you to a few types.


Type A: The Ex-boyfriend or The Ex-girlfriend
WARNING: These types of bugaboos NEVER give up!

The person who persistently calls even after you have press the ignore button TEN times already. That person you constantly avoid until you finally surrender and answer his or her phone calls. Oh yeah . . . and I hope you are prepared to answer that first question too.

"Why weren't you answering my phone calls?" asks Mr. or Ms. "Ex" Bugaboo and
You will fallaciously respond, "I was busy. Why didn't you leave a message?"
Mr. or Ms. Bugaboo responds, "I tried, but your mail box was full."
Silently, you mummer "I wonder why?"

Again I say, Damn These Bugaboos!


Type B: The Crush

WARNING: These types of Bugaboos tend to be IMMATURE and EXTREMELY ANNOYING!

He or she may be a little too playful in the work place. Mr. or Ms. Crush gives you an excessive amount of "love taps", makes songs about you, and mocks your every word.

"Do you need me to take this blood back to the Blood Bank?" You may ask you supervisor depending on your job.
And before your supervisor answers, Mr. or Ms. Crush says, "Do you need me to take this blood back to the Blood Bank?"
"Don't mock me." You will snap back at Mr. or Ms. Crush
"Don't mock me." Mr. or Ms. Crush will repeat trying to mimic your voice and imitate your body language.
Slightly tempered, you will say "Leave me alone!"
And Mr. or Ms. Crush will mock you and say "Leave me alone!"

I repeat, DAMN THESE BUGABOOS!

Type C: The Stranger
WARNING: These types of Bugaboos are pretty SCARY, so be careful.

He or she may see you often on the train because you both ride the same train, at the same time every day. Mr. or Ms. Stranger Bugaboo will get on the train with you and sit next to you as if you two are together. Oh and you better not try to seat somewhere else because here comes Mr. or Ms. Stranger Bugaboo trying to play musical chairs. Mr. or Ms. Stranger Bugaboo will say anything to spark up a conversation so he or she can get to know you.

"Soooooo . . . you work at Footlocker huh?"
You shake your head up and down trying to avoid conversation. You think to yourself well I'm damn sure aint no referee. It's pretty obvious that I work there. I know you see me rocking this black and white strip shirt with the Footlocker logo on it clear as day.
"Do you work in the one in the gallery or the one on the streets?"
"Neither" you will lie not wanting Mr. or Ms. Stranger Bugaboo showing up at your job unannounced.
When your stop comes you are relieved to escape those repetitious questions as well as that hideous face that they come from.

For the last time, DAMN THESE BUGABOOS!!!!

And As Destiny's Child once sang,
"When You Call Me On The Phone You're Buggin' Me
When You Follow Me Around You're Buggin' Me
Everything You Do Be Buggin' Me
You Buggin' Me
You Buggin' Me
When You Show Up At My Door
You Buggin' Me
When You Open Up Your Mouth
You Buggin' Me
Everytime I See Your Face
You're Buggin' Me
You're Buggin' Me
You're Buggin' Me"



Signing off no longer aggravated, instead amused . . .

2 comments:

A Beautifulstruggle said...

you are too crazy girl. we should get together this weekend, or maybe 2morrow.



~A~

Don said...

Destiny Child broke up because Beyonce's dad was a Bug A Boo.