College Girl Erica's

Sunday, October 19, 2008

I'm Talking Baggage!


OMG! He Has Four Kids and One On The Way.

I don't know what I was thinking or what I was on at the time. What made me get so emotionally involved with someone who could only please me physically? Perhaps was it his strong muscular arms, his smooth caramel skin, his warm brown eyes, or his glowing smile. Or could it have been my loneliness pressing me to get with someone or my hormones running wild? Could it have been his motivation to take care all his kids instead of running, like most men do? Maybe, it is a combination of all these things, but that's beside the point.

How could I've let a situation as such swallow me up like this? I mean . . . I'm attached. Not that we're still together, but we are close friends- too close of friends. It's like we're still together. So, why do I keep him around? He comforts me and I don't feel lonely at all when he's around. But let's face it Erica . . .

He's 28 Years Old, Works
at Burger King, and Lives
with His Momma!

What can a guy like him possibly do for a young, beautiful, 18 year old, college girl like me? He obviously has too many responsibilities and not enough money and time to go around. So what advice would you offer me? Drop his a** like a bad habit? Huh, easy for you to say. Someday, all of this will get old and you will see me dropping him like a bad habit, but for now I refuse to like go. Not that I can't. It's just that I don't want to. I just rather have Mr. Baggage in my life instead of no one. Sounds crazy right? That saying, "I can do bad all by myself" comes to mind, right? Well, I can do bad all by myself, but I just choose not to. Unless a really attractive, mature, honest, respectful, goal oriented, no kids having, no wife having, good job having man comes my way. But until then I'm staying put.

I'm Talking Baggage!






3 comments:

A Beautifulstruggle said...

It's funny you say this because in you about me section you state so bodly that you "settle for nothing", huh. Be honest with yourself.

Erica said...

It's temporary. The reality of the situation is why we're not together. The feeling of loneliness is unbearable so I settle for I need companionship. Since that's the only thing he can offer me.

D. McFadden said...

damn erica we started blogging again at the same time. how ironic...i can relate to your situation in so many way allowing yourself to lower your standard and settle for less all for the sake of feeling wanted and not being alone...i wish i can give you advice on this one but i cant cause whateva i say would be totally hypocritical...